First of all, we want to express our concern for Keith's health (she's one of the original Atlanta-SMIA organizers) and pray she'll be well enough to attend this Saturday's breakfast and be on the mend for the holidays.
We want to extend an invitation to all women in the Atlanta area who are fans of the Bill Bennett Morning in America radio show to join us this Saturday, December 8th, at 8:30 am, at J. Christopher's in Sandy Springs. While we're not terribly organized, our numbers are growing and our breakfasts are always interesting, educational and lots of fun. Show up, and know that you'll be welcomed.
Here are a few items on our agenda (Agenda? What! We have an agenda?):
1) Discuss ways to raise money to purchase America: The Last Best Hope books for schools.
2) Sign up to receive authorization so you can contribute to our new blog.
3) Discuss having the Atlanta-SMIA meeting in downtown Atlanta at Linda T's pub. Her pub isn't open on Saturday mornings, so we can meet on the enclosed patio at no cost, and they have free parking. She'll supply the coffee and will pick up bananas, bagels, donuts, and so forth for a relaxed breakfast, and we can all split the cost of the food.
4) Talk further about the possibility of a national SMIA meeting in Philadelphia in August.
5) Get an update from Belinda and Caroline about their recent travels.
6) Last but not least, talk about the issues, stories, interviews and opinions we've heard on Morning in America over the last month.
Please join us.