Friday, September 4, 2009

DeKalb Republican Annual BBQ - 8/28/09

I attended the DeKalb County GOP's annual BBQ last Saturday. There were over 250 people in attendance, 100 more than last year. (Hmm. I wonder why?) It was very crowded, hot, and noisy...well, the noise levels would depend on your tolerance for bad Elvis impersonators. All the state-wide candidates were there to speak, shake hands, and kiss babies. I was standing in line for my BBQ and saw a familiar-looking man walk by. It was Tom Price and his wife. It turns out he has a bit of northern DeKalb county in his district (aren't they lucky). He and Johnny Isakson spoke briefly before the state candidates began. There was a straw poll, and Karen Handel won the governor's race. I've been wavering between her and Eric Johnson, but I voted for her in the straw poll. As with the many county meetings I attended at the beginning of the year, I'm not sure what business was accomplished. Nevertheless, it was interesting.

1 comment:

Susan ~ SMIA ~ ATL said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Tom Price is impressing me more and more. I am so grateful he is my rep!