Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Meeting on Saturday, Guest Speaker. Positive Experience Guaranteed

Ladies,  We are meeting Saturday in our usual spot and have Joel Aaron, formerly of 920am and now with Americans for Prosperity.
His job is to organize grassroots efforts and AFP has an exciting program I thought everyone would want to learn about. Joel will explain in further detail, but basically it is a professional activism course taught by real trainers who will teach you how to get involved effectively.

There is a group beginning in May, which is why I thought it would be good to get more details now. The course is 12 weeks long, every other week for two hours. So there are 6 classes, 2 hours long each. At the end there is a 4 hour volunteer commitment for AFP. Then you are free to take you skills to any group you wish or use them to be an effective volunteer for a candidate.

I thought some of you might want to get involved and some of you would just be glad there is something out there to give us a voice.

Either way, I hope to see you all on Saturday. If you can't make it, we will have information and literature to pass on. I know that Joel said he would be bringing some applications if this is something you want to do.

I was thrilled to meet with Joel and learn of something that would be empowering and encouraging for us.

So this is not a Debbie Downer meeting. This is a positive meeting offering solutions to our feelings of helplessness.

I look forward to seeing you all and if you can't make it, but want information let me know at everenee@aol.com.


No comments: